Saturday, February 6, 2010

CANMORE WORLD CUP!!

The Canmore World Cup is in full swing here and the American team has begun to throw down with some awesome results yesterday in the 10/15K skate. Today is the classic sprint and 5 men and 2 women qualified in the top 30 so will do the rounds in 45 minutes. I am headed up to watch, the weather is perfect and I have an off day today. Yesterday was a tough day for me, but it's funny how the sun can brighten up any mood, and watching others kick ass in their own races. So, today is a new day, and today I am a spectator. Here are a few views of the course and the weather. It doesn't get any better for cross country skiing.
This photo is dedicated to Paul Mangi who passed away on Wednesday. I remember very vividly walking into Mangis after school with my dad to buy a loaf of bread and seeing Paul and his wife Elaine. They would always hand me a roll, fresh out of the oven, and I can still taste them to this day. My thoughts are with you Elaine and your whole family.

Pat Casey: Glamour Coaching!
Flags for all the countries

Men's 15K skate
Bomber tracks!
Moon rise
View from Tomas Grandi's parent's bed and breakfast. If you ever come to Canmore be sure to look "The Paintbox Lodge" up for accommodations!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Thank you for the dedication to my uncle, Paul. It was very thoughtful. The memorial service for him on Saturday, Feb. 13 was amazing. It seemed like all of Montpelier and Central VT was there! Thanks again!
Beth Manghi