Saturday, July 23, 2011

Fly Like an Eagle


A little off-roading adventure on our OD ski the other day!


We were planning on heading to Eagle Glacier mid-day tomorrow, but as the weather looks like it is going to get pretty nasty starting later tonight, we are going to take advantage of the opportunity to get up and get settled on the glacier this evening. We will be up there until next Sunday and will have limited access to the outside world, but I will be posting updates on my Facebook page, to keep you all updated as often as possible. I am really excited as I have never been in a helicopter, so I am looking forward to experiencing that tonight. Stay tuned, but tune into Facebook, not this page for the next week. We have had a great week of dry-land this last week here in Alaska, with killer weather and a great training group, so hopefully the weather will keep rocking for another week, but either way our training group will. We finished our dry-land week with a classic time trial this morning, with Jessie Diggins leading the charge and setting a new record for the course!! Yeah Jess! Heading off to do a run and strength now and then hitting the road to Girdwood to board a helicopter. Into it. Also, keep checking in on the USST Facebook page, as we will be posting a request for a vote on the best women's training group video. We chose our top 5 from 21 that were sent in and now it is up to you guys to chose our winners. Thanks a ton to all the girls who motivated and sent in awesome videos. We had a blast watching all of them and I stayed up until midnight last night trying to pick my top 10. It was extremely hard to chose my favorites. Anyway, more to come soon, but until then, keep keeping on.

I'm sending all my good wishes, thoughts, and prayers to the people of Norway. I hope you can feel the World's support with you during this awful tragedy.

On a happier note, though, WELCOME PETER STEPHEN!!!! Here is the newest member of my family! My cousin, Josh, and his awesome wife Kate had their baby last week and thought I would share a couple photos with you all to put a smile on your faces.






















Welcome to the World and family Peter Stephen!!














Mom, Kate, and Peter, both healthy and very happy! So excited to meet him!!












Josh, this is my new favorite photo of you. Does life get better than that, Peter? No way. So happy for you guys.








No comments: