Friday, November 14, 2008

NYC


Well, I have now officially experienced my first Ski Ball.  Last Thursday morning I left my rural home in East Montpelier, Vermont to get puddle jumped on a plane to the infamous NYC.  I have been to "The City" twice before, once when I was in high school at Burke Mountain Academy to see a broadway production of Othello with my english class, and again this spring with my good friend Harry Poole to see a Red Sox v. Yankees game in Yankee stadium.  Needless to say, we were not fans of the home team, and we got a bit razzed in our bleacher seats.  However, this time, I was carting with me, not only my usual ski bag and duffle, but a shiny red dress and heels as well.  The first thing that is funny about this is that I have never worn or owned a "shiny" dress, nor have I ever walked in a pair of heels besides my Dansko's, so I knew I was a bit out of my element.  These ski balls are put on by the US Ski Team and are fundraising events where people from all over buy tickets to come meet members of the team, enjoy an elegant dinner and bid on chances to ski or ride with the best.  Pictures of the ball can be found at: 

No comments: