Monday, September 30, 2013

Dinner parties full of Fall's best flavors!

My good friends, Evelyn, Sarah and Tyler and Tyler's Mom and Step Father.  We cooked up a really good meal hosted in their new kitchen! They also put me up for the night last minute, and I slept like a champ.  In the morning after a great breakfast at Einstein's of a PUMPKIN bagel (a favorite fall flavor of mine) and cream cheese I did one of my favorite workouts in the area.  

I skied up Millcreek Canyon and ran up to the Crest Trail, (one of my favorite trails in Park City that runs along the top of the mountains separating Park City from Salt Lake) along the ridge and back down the other side straight through the door of my condo.  Pretty sweet point to point.

On the Crest!

The trails are perfect right now, the leaves are beginning to change and there is still a bit of leftover snow around from last week's storms.  FALL!!  SMELLS LIKE HEAVEN!
Fall colors in Park City.

Barb Vordenberg Jones and her daughter Josie.  Pete was one of the Ski Team coaches for many many years after being an athlete for many years as well.  I don't get to see these guys enough, but when I do, it is always a great day!  Barb is a little under 3 months away from having another baby too!!

Dinner tonight with more good friends and teammates.  Me, Alex, Cory, Holly, Jessie and Kikkan all feasting on Turkey Burgers, salad, cornbread, and homemade butternut squash soup!  

Favorite Fall Flavors: Pumpkin, Squash, Apples, cinnamon, curry
Least Favorite Fall Food: Poached Fruit
Share your favorite recipes for the season!!!


1 comment:

Unknown said...

Make this...seriously do IT...make sure you have Zaatar too, it's awesome.
http://www.amateurgourmet.com/2013/02/roasted-butternut-squash-and-red-onion-with-tahini-and-zaatar.html