Monday, September 2, 2013

The Beautiful Maine Coast


I spent most of this week in Owls Head, Maine at my Uncle's house on the coast.  I haven't been there in many years, but my memories are very vivid and special from the times when I was a kid.  Sleeping in the upstairs bedroom with the door open and the wind carrying the ocean sounds to my ears and putting me gently to sleep.  Ah, is there anything better than those sounds and smells that you find on the coast?  I don't think so.  It's been really fun getting to know my parent's new puppy, Maisie.  She can be a bit bitey with her puppy teeth, but overall she is well behaved and cute as a button.  Now I am home in East Montpelier today after a run with Ida and Matt in Burke yesterday morning, a swim in Matt's pond afterwards (Ida and Matt pulled out about 45 cattails that had been growing in the pond.  We also found a leech, spiders the size of my thumbnail, which is WAY too big for me to be comfortable with and many other creepy crawlies.) and a wonderful lunch from the Craftsbury gardens that Ida brought with her.  This is the best time of year to be here in Vermont, eating fresh produce, apples galore, just harvesting anything and everything.  So delicious and fun.  Off to Placid tomorrow for the next 2 weeks.

My Mom and enjoying one of the nicest days of the year on the ocean!  How did we get to be so lucky?

The coast where my Uncle lives.

Fun rocks to climb around on and go searching for sea life.


The Maisie Dog.

Being a bit crazy

and bad.  But she is so damn cute!



No comments: